An Interview with Heather Frost, author of Royal Spy!
About the book:
- Whose POV was your favorite to write?
I always love writing Grayson’s POV. But I have to admit, in this book I probably had the most fun with Desfan.
- How many books can readers expect from the series?
There will be six books.
- Which part of the book was the hardest to write?
Hmm…I would say the middle of this one was the biggest challenge. There was a lot of re-writing as I tried to figure out the exact pacing I wanted, and to make sure the story arcs were doing what I wanted them to do.
- What is your favorite chapter from Royal Spy?
What a fun (and hard) question! There are so many great ones, but I really love chapter 46. I can’t say too much without spoiling things, but I love how different characters come together in that chapter.
- Where can readers purchase your book?
Royal Spy can be purchased through Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or you can request it at your local bookstore. For signed copies, you can contact me through my website. I do ask that you cover the cost of shipping 🙂
- If you won a prize for something, what would it be and why?
I’d say writing, but that seems like the more boring answer, haha. I think I could win a prize for my freezer meals. I love to cook, and when I can cook meals that I can freeze, that just makes my day! I have a whole deep freezer stocked with meals at any given time, and it’s how I survive during my binge-writing sessions.
- If a director wanted to make Royal Decoy and Royal Spy into a movie and wanted you to act in it, who would you be and why?
Hmm…That’s a good question. I think this would really change depending on my mood. I kind of want to be Queen Iris, actually. It would be fun to play the creepy, evil queen! (I’m not quite old enough yet, though…)
- What are some of your favorite tv shows or movies?
My movie tastes are as eclectic as my taste in books, haha! Some top movies: Lord of the Rings (extended editions, please), The Sound of Music, The Dark Knight, The Mummy, What’s Up Doc, Beauty and the Beast (animated), Back to the Future, You’ve Got Mail, Jane Eyre, and Anne of Green Gables. Some of my favorite TV shows: Friends, The Office, Psych, and Sherlock.
- What is your writing schedule like?
I have a day job, so I usually write in the evenings and on the weekends. When I’m working on a deadline, I wake up super early and write then as well, but I’m not generally a morning person, so I try to only do that when absolutely necessary.